Re: Lotus

To: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:06:02 -0800
On Nov 11, 2004, at 12:22, Richard Urschel wrote:

> To that end, I have a question regarding engine swaps in SM2. I
> presume this applies: 16.1.D.1. Engine block must be production unit
> manufactured and badged the same as... (the engines available) for
> that model.
>
> The Lotus Twin Cam had a Ford 105E block and a Lotus head. It
> sometimes said "Lotus" on the valve covers and sometimes not. Would
> that make it an engine "badged" as a Ford or a Lotus?

What does it say on the exhaust manifold?  ;)

The SM conversation in the past would lead one to go by the block, but
as with a lot of the SM rules, you're well advised to ask the SMAC.

KeS

(As an aside to the list, WRT isn't an internet acronym, it was common
in written business correspondence for decades.)