Re: Lotus

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>, ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:34:13 -0800 (PST)
--- Jerry Mouton wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> Gee, wouldn't that apply to, like, Honda S2000s and
> number of cars... seems like a poor reason to
> exclude
> a car.
>
> The fact that a car is a good autocrosser should be
> reason to INCLUDE it, not exclude it.  The wholesale
> exclusion of Lotus smells bad to me, and I'm sure
> I'm not the
> only non-Lotus owner who thinks so.  Sounds like
> scheming to
> win by "political engineering" rather than
> competition on
> course.

It's a good idea to include cars that are good
autocrossers if they are also desirable and obtainable
to the intended target demographic.  The Lotus cars
don't fit that description.  Class a perceived ringer
in the class, and if it's not desirable, obtainable,
affordable, then it will kill the class.

Charlie

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com