Re: Lotus

To: "Charlie Davis" <gt40d@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:15:04 -0800
Charlie,

I hear you, butI know I desire a Lotus Seven or Elan, and there
are plenty who do.  Those cars are available for around
$10-15K, not nearly as much as a new Mini, for example, and
readily available.  Wouldn't the Kellys and Rich Urschel
and Jesus (assuming he gets some kind of Lotus engine)
and Patrick (assuming he gets a Toyota engined model)
fit into a demographic that SCCA is interested in
reaching with, say, SM2?

And, is the Honda S2000 a ringer?  Looking at the BS results
one might be led to that position.  Let the best car win, I thought
that's behind racing all over, but what do I know?

I am shutting up now, but perhaps you can see why I
think there is some political stuff going on that seems to me
to be inappropriate to a competitive sport open to ALMOST
all the vehicles out there.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton    '64 E Type FHC    "Laissez les bons temps rouler!"