Re: Lotus

To: Ruben Padron <ruben_1271@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:51:41 -0800
"Badges that exist at marketing aliases for the manufacturer
(Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Datsun) will be recognized as
equivalents.  Swaps involving makes related only at a corporate level
are not recognized as equivalents."

Between this and my previous message, I've now posted the entire
drivetrain rule.

Mazda and Aston Martin are related only at the corporate level; Aston
Martin is not a marketing alias for Mazda.  Sorry Ruben!

Gary, in light of the language about the block having to be from the
same brand as the original engine (not the car!), I'd say that the
Probe could only use a Mazda engine, unless the 4 cylinder version had
a Ford engine.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94