Re: Lotus

To: ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: "Richard Urschel" <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2004 20:22:51 -0000
I don't know about $15K but if anyone wants my black Elan I would price it
charitably for a good autocrosser.

There are two issues here.
1. Would the Europa or Elan actually be a class killer in SM2?
2. Whether or not it would, there is a risk that it would be perceived as such
and "kill" participation in the class.

The latter is a real world consideration and Charlie is astutely attuned to it.

The former is irrelevant unless someone wants to make the case that neither
Europa or Elan could dominate the class AND convince the SEB to risk it OR
educate the entire SCCA autocross population.

To that end, I have a question regarding engine swaps in SM2. I presume this
applies: 16.1.D.1. Engine block must be production unit manufactured and badged
the same as... (the engines available) for that model.

The Lotus Twin Cam had a Ford 105E block and a Lotus head. It sometimes said
"Lotus" on the valve covers and sometimes not. Would that make it an engine
"badged" as a Ford or a Lotus?

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 06:15:04 -0800 Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org> wrote:
> I hear you, butI know I desire a Lotus Seven or Elan, and there
> are plenty who do.  Those cars are available for around
> $10-15K, not nearly as much as a new Mini, for example, and
> readily available. > I am shutting up now, but perhaps you can see why I
> think there is some political stuff going on that seems to me
> to be inappropriate to a competitive sport open to ALMOST
> all the vehicles out there.

Sign up for Internet Service under $10 dollars a month, at
https://signup.mybluelight.com