RE: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?

To: <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>,
Subject: RE: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:25:15 -0800
That is an interesting point. What makes it interesting is the fact that
it does not seem to be symmetric. Once the car starts pushing, you have
to slow WAY down to get traction again. But power oversteer can be
corrected without as much a loss in time. If the power oversteer starts
turning into a slide, a little unwind with a tad lighter touch on the
throttle seems to fix it. You do lose _some_ time, but it doesn't seem
like you lose nearly as much as you lose when correcting a plough.