Re: Re: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?

To: Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net ("'Autocross'")
Subject: Re: Re: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 16:17:08 -0500
Kevin writes:
I see this written all the time, but I've never experienced it.
   In my experience, once you start pushing in a turn (RWD), you can't stop it
without slowing down.  You can get oversteer AS WELL with your right foot; this
is known as "sliding".  ;)   KeS

Depending on the car, sometimes a light lift of the throttle will transfer
enough weight to the front wheel for them to bite. (I know that is slowing
down, Kevin!) I have also tried (in a FWD car)the FWD road-racing trick of both
brake and throttle to make the front end stick and the rear rotate (Usually in
the more powerful FWD cars) it works, but is a skill I don't want to practice
enough to learn. That's why I stay with RWD cars. - Seth Emerson