Re: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?

To: john@harlie.idsfa.net, mrclem@telocity.com
Subject: Re: FWD vs. RWD -- differences?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 01:06:33 EST
John writes:

> I would think that in a FWD car you would want to trail-brake more to
> rotate the car early in the turn, and make the apex as late as
> possible so you can be going straight and on the gas as early as
> possible.

This is it in a nutshell.  Also, left foot braking can be used effectively in
more situations.  Going through a high speed lane change in FWD can sometimes
be accomplished with a tap on the brake pedal without lifting off the gas.
Long radius corners can sometimes be taken faster with right foot flat on the
floor, while modulating brake pedal with the left foot, which neutralizes the
chassis.

Charlie