Re: Electric Fan

To: spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 14:41:39 FILETIME=[97233040:01C08A01]
Gents,

   I won't get in to the discussion about which takes more horsepower
   mechanical or electric fans. what I will talk about is the
   improvement in overall engine smoothness I ejoyed with the
   substitution of an electric fan for my TR4.

   My `4 is not exactly stock but over the last year since the new cam
   went in I found the old fan and extension were causing a modicum of
   vibration at higher RPMs (4-5K). I opted to go with a harmonic
   balancer (supplied by BFE). The problem then became finding a fam
   that would "do the job". After the best 13" OTC fan I could find
   locally failed to keep my 4 cool enough on the hot days (soemthing
   that never happended with the mechanical fan), I fainally bought a
   Perma Cool 14" fan from Summit racing.  I set the fan up as the
   photos show. So far everthing is working out very well. The only mods
   I made to the stock radiator is on the frame mounts. I had to tilt
   the radiator forward about 3/4".

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide1.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide2.jpg]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type image/pjpeg which had a name of
Slide3.jpg]