Re: Oil pressure Blues

To: <SpeedSites@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure Blues
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@idcnet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 09:14:02 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
It may be the oil pump, but I would suspect that mains and rod bearings are
worn.  These are classic symptoms.  You can drop the sump and take off a
bearing cap to inspect the condition of bearings and journals.  You can
easily replace the connecxting rod bearings from below without removing the
engine, and some people maintain that you can replace mains by sliding the
the top bearing shell out from under the crank and sliding in the new shell,
but I've never done this and I don't think I ever woould because of the
possibility of getting dirt between the bearing shell and the block.  The
good news is that the oil pressure will come up a little if you just replace
the rod bearings.

When buying an LBC, ALWAYS check oil pressure after the car has totally
warmed up!