RE: competition manual online

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: competition manual online
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 19:12:50 -0600charset="ISO-8859-1"

Be that as it may, a recent discussion on the VW newsgroup centered around
the fact that VWofAmerica _did_ hunt down several enthusiast web site owners
(who were making absolutely no $ on their sites) and requested through a
very formal letter from a legal firm that the VW logos be removed from their
web sites. Why VWoA is doing this is beyond me but they are doing it. VWs
are sort of like triumphs in that their owners very often are enthusiast
drivers not lemmings who just drive appliances. Apparently VWoA is missing
this point. However, the fact remains they are checking the web for this
stuff -- perhaps bmw would as well.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---