Re: Sandblasting Questions

To: BMack <bmack99@home.com>
Subject: Re: Sandblasting Questions
From: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:02:17 -0400
Cc: fogbro1@impop.bellatlantic.net, Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
BMack wrote:

> Bravo!!!
>
> "Restoringly" Yours,
> Bryce Mack
> Classic Auto Restoration Services
> Web Page: http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/
> FAQ's Page: http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/faq.htm

I just had my 74 TR6 repainted.  I would not let him sand blast it.  He
use a chemical stripper to remove the paint right down to the bare
metal.  He started the body work from that point.  After 2 coats of
primer, 2 of color and 2 four of clear sealer, the paint is MUCH better
than original - true to original color, (carmine) and very durable.
No way would I let anyone sandblast.