Re: Sandblasting Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, keithmcgahan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Sandblasting Questions
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:15:48 -0700 (PDT)

 For that kind of money you could buy a compressor (eagle 10.5 cfm@90psi)
 for $380. and the sand blasting unit for a little over a $100, some media
 cost ?, appropriate safety equipment and you can be a DIY kinda guy!

 All you need is a place to do it.

 Then I can bring my car over and we can do it as well....

 -jimb

 P.S. There is a place in Kent that does this. I'll check my records
 tonight when I get home.

> From: "Keith McGahan" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>

> I have been looking into have TR4 sandblasted. All the parts have been
> removed and the tub is sitting on the frame, I want to have the engine bay,
> trunk and interior and possibly the underside sandblasted. (1)My first
> questions is should I remove the Tub from the frame and have the frame
> sandblasted. The frame is rust free and looks in great shape, I and can't
> really see a reason to sandblast the frame, any suggestions. I have made
> several telephone calls for sandblasting and the prices have ranged from
> $450-$1300.(2) My second question is what have other people paid to have
> there car sandblasted.(3) My third question is I have the option from a few
> places to do it by any hourly rate, does any know about how long it take to
> sandblast a TR4. (4) My final questions, I live in Seattle, WA, does anybody
> know of a good place to have this done in Seattle.

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.    ##
## http://www.ptinet.net/~jimbar                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##