Re: Sandblasting Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sandblasting Questions
From: A901949@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 14:45:46 EDT
Keith  & Ken,

Here's how I've done my sandblasting in the past. What I did was made a large
wooden table, under it I laid down my plastic 6 mil or 4 comes in rolls of
10x60 or whatever. On the table I use an old window either 3 0r 6 pane I lay
my parts down stand behind the window and blast away. I use #30 or 20 sand.
Have a 100 pound hopper which I bought from Sears for about $60. They have
the tips for that for around $6. I use a window with multiple panes because
after it becomes etched I replace the piece for about 2-3 dollars. The sand I
just sweep up and put it back in the hopper. About your car frame, what I've
done with mine is I had it dipped which removes all the rust, they sand
blasted it and powder coated for about $400. Although the next one I do I
will use Por 15 because it's much harder and will never rust again. All of
the pieces I sandblasted are in Por 15. You can take them and pound them
together they won't chip. The cars I've done so far are 1949 Austin Atlantic
A90 Convertible, 61 Daimler majestic major, that's 4.5 liter V8 with aluminum
heads and working on Triumph Mayflower right now and a few other projects.
Hope this helps you guys.
Tom Leonard
A901949@aol.com