Sandblasting Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sandblasting Questions
From: "Keith McGahan" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:41:35 PDT
I have been looking into have TR4 sandblasted. All the parts have been
removed and the tub is sitting on the frame, I want to have the engine bay,
trunk and interior and possibly the underside sandblasted. (1)My first
questions is should I remove the Tub from the frame and have the frame
sandblasted. The frame is rust free and looks in great shape, I and can't
really see a reason to sandblast the frame, any suggestions. I have made
several telephone calls for sandblasting and the prices have ranged from
$450-$1300.(2) My second question is what have other people paid to have
there car sandblasted.(3) My third question is I have the option from a few
places to do it by any hourly rate, does any know about how long it take to
sandblast a TR4. (4) My final questions, I live in Seattle, WA, does anybody
know of a good place to have this done in Seattle.