RE: stanchion plates

To: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: stanchion plates
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 19:40:40 -0800
According to the parts manual, the post-60000 stanchions are different, and
do not require the plate.  I seem to recall that there was actually a piece
of cork that sealed the front edge on the later stanchions, but this isn't
shown in the manual.  On my pre-60000 car, there is certainly room for
water to get in (although I may be simply missing the cork piece <g>)

I've had my windshield off several times, and it isn't particularly hard,
even without help.  The toughest part for me is getting the wipers off <g>

Randall

On Friday, February 26, 1999 5:35 PM, Musson, Carl
[SMTP:musson@satie.arts.usf.edu] wrote:

> Although the function of the dzus springs on the pre-60000 is not needed,
> believe that the plate should be still used.  The stanchion itself is
> slotted to allow for easy removal (has anyone ever really tried that..
 not