Re: stanchion plates

To: Bush4brits@aol.com, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stanchion plates
From: Alex van Zanten <A.van.Zanten@inter.nl.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:09:21 +0100
I was able to check out a post TS60000 model and saw no stanchion plates were
used. The stanchions are screwed to the scuttle without any packing pieces what
so
ever. In the pre TS60000 models two oval holes are present to provide space for
the S-shaped springs of a stanchion plate. I conclude you don't need the plates
and have to screw your stanchion directly to the scuttle.

Regards. Alex.
'58 TR3a (TS38168L)