Re: stanchion plates

To: miket@urgrgcc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stanchion plates
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:33:46 EST
Hi Mike,
My stanchions have 2 clearance holes that line up with holes in the plates
(with Dzus wires in the way) AND the tapped holes in the scuttle. The only way
the windshield assembly can mount to the scuttle is directly through the plate
and into the scuttle....at least that's the way it appears.
I probably won't grind anything unless I'm absolutely positive that the
assembly will mount correctly.
Still.......is this the way it was supposed to be????? You said that on the
post 60000 cars the stanchions are smooth faced on the scuttle
side.....true??...if so I have the wrong stanchions AND the wrong plates.
Bob