RE: MGB vs. Spitfire!!

To: "'Chris Rodgers'" <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: RE: MGB vs. Spitfire!!
From: Amy Black <amyjo@tranquility.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:06:57 -0600
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

----------
From:   Chris Rodgers[SMTP:The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz]
Sent:   Thursday, March 05, 1998 4:30 AM
To:     Trevor Boicey
Cc:     triumphs@autox.team.net

Triumph represents forward thinking, Bravery, Style, the will to be
different.

'Octagon' badged cars represent pretentiousness (MG after all only
stands for Morris Garages) and pretence that a parts-bin engineered can
honestly call itself a real car.  (MGB's have Morris Marina door
handles, what class!!)

They may be reliable with their hackneyed,
produced-in-plague-like-proportions engines, but I personally find them
tedious and getting far more praise than they deserve.

Give me an 'unreliable' Stag or PI (myths generated by stupid pig headed
mechanics) with real character and grace, anyday.

Chris

Uhh, doesn't the Spitfire come from the humble Herald?  (as long as we're on
the subject of parts bin engineering....)

Tony Zager & Amy Black
1966 Spitfire Mk 2
1969 Spitfire Mk 3