Re: Ramblings on Speed Limits

To: KMNTR6@aol.com, rgs03@health.state.ny.us
Subject: Re: Ramblings on Speed Limits
From: TRHeaven@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 12:26:11 -0400
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-05-03 20:49:55 EDT, KMNTR6@aol.com writes:

>How about making the Drivers License test harder? There are too many cars
and
>drivers on the road. I think that a driver's license should be a PRIVLEGE,
>not a right. Just think how much safer the roads would be if we only had
>SAFER, BETTER, drivers. I'm sure the carmakers and insurance companies
>wouldn't like it (it would reduce their market share), but just think - only
>the best drivers could drive. I'm sure it would never fly because it would
>inconvenience the weinies who don't drive well. They would whine too loudly.
>
>Ken Nachman
>Richmond Triumph Register
>1957 TR3
>1974 TR6

Ken,

Getting a drivers license IS a priviledge, not a right.  If  it were a right,
there would NOT be a TEST!  I am all for making the driving test harder.
 Just yesterday I witnessed a very stupid driver pull out onto a 4 lane road,
with a single turn lane in the middle, and drive 1/3 mile in the turn lane to
make a left turn.  Don't people know what a turn lane is for? It's not a
special third lane to turn into a traffic lane at their own choosing.

We definately need better driver education and a harder driving test!

Ron Nottingham
Dalton, Ga