RE: Spit fuses

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spit fuses
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:03:26 -0500
You are absolutely right.  What I meant to say (and didn't!) is that when
you have several lower amp draw devices on the same circuit, the fuse is
used to protect the wire.  That is why some devices (such as radios) have
their own inline fuse holders, with a smaller fuse.  That inline fuse is
used to protect the device.  Bottom line is you want the fuse to blow before
the wire melts!

Bill