RE: machine shops

To: "'Bowen, Patrick A'" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: machine shops
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:27:51 -0400
Patrick,

I've always felt that my first impressions of a shop (or anything) are
usually (read "NOT ALWAYS") dead on.  If I had to argue with my mechanic to
do the right job i.e. pinning the washers,  then I would always worry that
the right job was really done (and done well).  How difficult is it to check
the balancing of the crank rather than just "deduct" from eyeballing the
journals that it was balanced?

Seems to me they're used to a) not being questioned,  and b) cutting corners
to make a buck.  Make your own deductions.

Good luck.

Michael

        __/__,_
|           Michael Graziano            |
|   Long Term Capital Management L.P.   |
|         Phone: 203-552-5706           |
|         Fax:   203-552-5869           |
|       Email: mgrazian@ltcm.com        |