FW: Snoozin' and Loosin'

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Snoozin' and Loosin'
From: "Lino Baggio" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:55:04 -0500
Very wide awake...and winning

I'm the 'fast guy' from Toronto that was lucky enough to pick up the
'67.5 2000 in GA.
I was actually the second caller on the car, the first was someone from
MA, who asked a few questions then said he would call back later.  I
spent about an hour with Wade (the retired 70 year old previous owner)
on the telephone Wednesday afternoon.  He was very helpful, talking on a
cordless phone in his garage, poking around the car and answering my
questions about serial numbers, engine numbers, Solex's, finned oil pan,
headrests, ect. The car has all of these.  I told him to consider the
car sold and I left Thursday afternoon after work, drove 14 hours from
Guelph (just outside Toronto)to a suburb of GA, gathered the car, then
drove 14 hours back home.
I feel very lucky to have been able to purchase this car.  Wade couldn't
have been a nicer, decent person, kind of like buying a car from your
dad or grandfather. He could have sold the car over and over again for
more than what he was asking during the time it took me to get to GA.
The car is a VERY solid, a few dings here and there from it's past life
in Florida, a few things are seized from it's recent 20 years in a
garage in GA. The chrome is rusty, the interior is ratty, but most
importantly the body and frame are virtually rust free. The car's gone
to a good home, and I'm planning a complete ground up restoration in the
near future to return it better than it's former glory.

Lino Baggio
'71 240Z
'71 240Z convertible
'68 SPL with 2L solex transplant