Re: TR3 Rear Springs

To: jerry@tr2.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Springs
From: John Wroclawski <jtw@lcs.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 14:33:25 -0500
   From: jerry@tr2.com (Jerome Kaidor)

       But I bet that the available springs are the TR3A kind, with the
   spacers on the passenger side.  Anybody know if these would be OK for
   a 2?

The only new ones I've seen (bought a set from TRF about three years
ago) are more crudely made than the originals (non-tapered leaf ends,
etc). However, they do work, and the pair I tried are actually fairly
close to the spring rates in the original spec.

There is only one type available, rather than the separate type for
each side as with the later cars.

                        -john