Re: TR3 Rear Springs

To: Paul Wiegman <PWiegman@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Springs
From: Andy Mace <AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 09:51:20 PST
Paul, granted you've already gone to a lot of trouble to get the one
spring off and you probably don't want to go through it again with the
other side, but since you're half-way there, why not get new springs and
put them on. The extra effort and money would be well worth it. Even if
the two different-appearing springs turn out to be pretty much the same,
most likely they won't behave the same.

I would at least take the pair from the parted out car to put on your 3.
Going one step beyond that, I'd at least run that pair of springs by a
reputable spring shop. But I still think new springs would be your best,
and safest, bet (along with new/rebuilt/verifiably good shocks).

Andy Mace