Re: TR3 Rear Springs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Springs
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 01:57:26 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Dec 1994, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> I think mine were identical (read not 100% sure).  The side with the extra
> spacers would probably go on the driver's side.  This would give the car a
>more
> even height if there is only one person in the car, or if the person in the
> passanger seat is a lot lighter thasn the one in the drivers seat.

No, the spring with the spacers goes on the passenger's side.  The
TR2/3/3A/4 chassis is underslung at the rear with the axle mounted on top
of the springs.  Putting the spacers on the passenger's side lowers that
side of the car slightly to compensate for the fact that most of the time
there is no weight in the passenger's seat.

Chip Old                   1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland         1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us