Re: TR3 Rear Springs

To: Jerome Kaidor <jerry@tr2.com>
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Springs
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 1994 17:21:27 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Dec 1994, Jerome Kaidor wrote:

> **** This year at Triumphest, I stood *this close* to a set of brand new
> TR3 springs.  Only the fact that the spouse stood nearby prevented me
> from reflexively reaching for the wallet.  Even now, a set of new springs
> for the Clankster seems like a Good Idea.

You should know better than to take your wife to something like that.
Wallet yes, wife no!  :)   Of course part of it is the organizers'
fault.  The trick is to provide bus service to nearby gift shops, outlet
stores, antique shops, and the like so the spouse can be diverted while
you're cleaning out the flea market.  That's how we used to do it at
NEMGTR GoF's.

>     But I bet that the available springs are the TR3A kind, with the
> spacers on the passenger side.  Anybody know if these would be OK for
> a 2?

They should be suitable for any TR2, TR3, TR3A, or TR4 (to CT23382).  The
spring rates changed slightly over the years, if memory serves, but not
enough to matter, and the camber (arch) is the same.  I suspect TRF,
Moss, et al sell the same spring for all, without the spacer difference
we were talking about earlier.

Chip Old                   1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland         1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us