Re: TR3 Rear Springs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Rear Springs
From: Judith Winter <island%islander@islander.whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 23:52:59 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 18 Dec 1994, Chip Old wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 1994, Paul Wiegman wrote:
>
> > Whats the story here?  Do TR3A's need two spacers on one side and not
> > the other, & on which side?

> The TR3A and TR4 (to CT23382) use two spacers on the passenger's side,
> none on the driver's side.  .............
> The theory behind it is that most of the time the car will have an
> empty passenger's seat, so the driver's weight will make the driver's side
> sit lower than the (empty) passenger's side.  The two spacers on the
> passenger's side are supposed to make the car sit level.

That makes sense.  Should that logic apply to other cars (of similar
vintage)?  Who wants to know? My '66 V*lv* 122 (that seems to think it's
mechanically and electrically related to lbcs and) that wants new
springs sometime. (apologies to the guy/car who reminds usto not
anthropomorphize MGs.)

In connection,

Judith Winter
island@whidbey.net