RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals

Subject: RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:47:06 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Eric Salem wrote:
> Given that Prepared is populated by typically older, non-street legal or
> even titled RACE CARS the shop manual idea can only be described is
> short sighted. I asked on this forum last week for someone to let us
> know what problem the shop manual requirement would solve.

In classes other than BP/CP with American 6 or 8 cylinder motors, you're
required to have a block with stock dimensions, stock stroke, etc.

If you get protested in your porche for having a stroked motor, what
happens if the manual isn't present?  Do we just take a poll of everyone
and see what they think the stock stroke should be?

I'm not saying that we should go all the way to FSM's, but the problems
they (or whatever documentation required) would solve are pretty clear.

Mark