Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>, "Steven J Miller"
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:09:26 -0600
> If you were to look at the cost of the manual in relation to the entire
> autocross budget for the life of that car, and its very small.

Not if the autocross life of that car is a couple of years or less -- IOW it
becomes the factor that dissuades the autocrosser from going to higher
levels or even continuing in the sport.

Remember, those of us discussing this are already diehard motorheads and
committed to the sport for the most part. The fellow I am talking about
above is the newbie, the fellow who may be inclined but is not yet convinced
to make autocrossing a passion instead of a pastime. This is the guy for
whom buying his own helmet is a big financial commitment. And you're going
to tell him the rules require owning a book (or whatever documentation) at a
price of 4-5 helmets?

--Rocky