Re: autox insurance

To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>,
Subject: Re: autox insurance
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:40:20 -0800
State Farm? I also had a decent agent, and before I bought my Lotus 7A, I
checked with him to make sure it would be covered. "Yes," was the answer. So
I bought it with a bank loan, and added it to the policy, along with my 3
liter Healey.
About two weeks later, my agent called and asked if I'd drive the 7 down so
he could take pictures. "Sure," I said, and you guessed it, within a month
the bank called to say the policy had been pulled on BOTH cars. I asked my
agent why, and said there is a clause somewhere in the policy that State
Farm wouldn't insure right-hand drive cars unless they are used for
delivering the mail.
True.
So onto the assigned risk rolls for both cars.
--Pat Kelly
<dave@wcsllc.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>