Re: autox insurance

To: "David Cramer" <dcramer@translationtech.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox insurance
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 18:04:20 -0600
From: David Cramer <dcramer@translationtech.com>

>I DO have progressive and I HAVE hit a pole while autoxing.  They will
>NOT pay  one cent of my car that was totalled. This is going tocost me
>serious cash. They sent me a letter with the section # in my insurance
>which states that the insurance is NULL in all "timed events" and that
>they will not cover this claim.

I generally don't have a problem with this.  I have always gone under the
assumption that you are on your own in competitive events.  Preventing
pole-hits is largely a course-design problem.  I raise holy hell when I see
a course that makes this likely.  Courses like that cause problems for all
of us, in all clubs.

I do have a problem with companies that will deny you coverage on the street
when they find out you autocross.  That's just plain ignorant.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org