Re: autox insurance

To: "David Cramer" <dcramer@translationtech.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox insurance
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 08:41:52 -0600
> I have called K&K. Have you?

No - I used them as an example - I'm sure that SOMEONE would insure track
time - It might cost a mint....but someone will do it.  I have a CP car, so
if I total it, I am only out $7 and a six pack of beer :)  No need to insure
it!

> Don't tell me I am pissing and moaning about this.  I am trying to
determine an
> actual solution.  IF you are aware of one I would love to hear it.

You're right, I should not have insinuated that your pissing and
moaning...you don't appear to be doing so here.  I've got a solution, but it
sucks about as much as the original accident:  Open Checkbook, buy new
car.....

> And...Why shouldn't insurance companies cover this? Am I not paying my
insurance
> bill? We are conditioned to believe that insurance companies have the
right to
> drop us whenever they want and to not insure us all the time.

I'm guessing that they won't cover it because they specifically exclude
"timed events"....period.  They do have the right to drop us at any
time....they are businesses after all!  We have the right to not patronize
them as well.....looks like you are showing us all darn good reason NOT to
use progressive!

> I understand your point and have accepted full responsibility for my
actions,
> but I would like to find a solution that allows me autox without worrying
about
> insurance.

>From the other posts - It looks like State Farm might cover what you want.

I'm not trying to rail on you - but people are conditioned to think that
insurance companies just go out to the money tree and get more to pay
claims......you got schnookered (sp?) in the same method many of us might
have as well.....you got prices, thought you could save 5% and entered in to
a contract with them without having reading the policy......and assumed that
they covered auto-x......

Then something bad happens and you find out they don't cover "timed
events".......and auto-x is a timed event.  Now if they (Progressive) told
you initially that they DO cover auto-x and now pulled the rug.......go
after them...they deserve it.  But, it looks to me like they held up their
end of the bargain per their contract...

DaveW

majordomo@autox.team.net