Re: "P" rules

Subject: Re: "P" rules
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:19:10 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> Yep. But that penalty is only for things the Solo rulebook says incurs the
> penalty. It is NOT for being GCR spec if, having prepared to GCR, your prep
> includes none of the things that would incur the penalty.

Well, sure.  :-)  Assuming the GCR and the SoloII rules intersect, a car
that meets the soloII prepared rules that also happens to meet the GCR
rules runs as a soloII car.

However, a car that exceeds the soloII rules (the mustang with a tubular
cross member, for instance) but hasn't exceed the prep level of the GT-1
rules would still be legal for CP, just with a 10% weight penalty, _AND_
wouldn't be required to meet GCR safety specs (i.e. roll cage & fuel cell)
since the rules say "prepared up to" not "prepared to".

IMHO, and it doesn't matter to me either as I'm not going into the
in-excess part of the rulebook.  :-)

Mark