RE: Solo Entry Fees

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solo Entry Fees
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:22:07 -0600
Arthur Emerson said:

<big snip>

> Just pointing out the options to cut costs instead of
> raising the entry fees, in case you overlooked them.....

We did away with 'per-event' dash plaques 2 or 3 years ago to cut costs.  We
still do a dash plaque (actually, this year our dash plaque was magnetic), but
it's an annual, one-per-customer, until we run out, kinda thing. (plus a good
portion of the cost this year was covered by a sponsor who liked the idea of
having their name displayed on a lot of cars)  We still do an event dash plaque
for our largest event of the year, which draws members out of the woodwork and
attracts lots of newbies... that one is worth it.

We cut trophy costs (and closet junk for most of us) 2 years ago by migrating
from our trophy medallions to screen-printed trophy magnets. (very cool, in the
shape of our region logo, everyone loves them... especially the ones with the
big "1" on them)  This cut our event trophy costs in half, plus made the
trophies more visible.

We stole the trophy magnet idea from Salina Region (they use cone-shaped
magnets), it is a good one.  It's neat to see trophies proudly displayed on cars
at every event instead NOT seeing them buried in someone's closet.

Back to entry fees:  We could actually get by without raising fees, but we could
put on a much better event and have a much brighter future with a little more
funding.  Not being able to afford to properly repair our equipment or replace
our 15 to 20-year-old radios (most of which don't last more than 2 hours) is
getting old.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@kscable.com
'96 Mazda Miata | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca