RE: Solo Entry Fees

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Solo Entry Fees
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:55:53 -0600
Mark Andy said:

> Do people really care about entry fee prices as long as they're under $30
> or so?  I know for me entry fees are a pretty small part of event costs.
> Sure, I'd like to pay less like anyone else, but I'd much rather pay $30
> vs. $15 and have a well run event with equipment that doesn't break on a
> lot that lets a course designer do something interesting.

I could grudgingly handle a $30 entry fee, if the events were that good. (I
don't think we have a site available here that would make it THAT good)  One
thing that can't be overlooked when discussing entry fees from different parts
of the country is the overal economy of the area.  For example, what the average
Californian (where the cost of living is relatively high) would be willing and
able to pay would be considerably more than what the average person in Kansas
(where the cost of living is quite low... as is the average income level).  In
spite of the fact that we all live in the United States, a dollar is worth more
in some places than it is in others.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@kscable.com
'96 Mazda Miata | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca