RE: New car classifications

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New car classifications
From: Tom Gentry <tgentry@execpc.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:46:44 -0600
<<There is a class for your vehicle >>

Since I am about to put subframe connectors on my Cobra (as preventative
maintenance), what SCCA class will it fall into?  With the other mods being
springs, shocks and caster/camber plates as well a few minor engine tweaks it
seems like it should belong in ESP, but of course the subframe connectors knock
me out of there.  So where do I land?

While a points based system doesn't banish me for having a single mod that some
committee doesn't like (unless it's a safety issue), the bucket method does
just that.

      <<Both have their downsides and their upsides.>>

I've seen a few comments on this stating effectively the same thing.  That both
systems have good and bad, and neither one is really better.  My point is, I
think the point system IS BETTER, especially for grass roots level, "run what
ya brung" type competition.  I stated previously my reasons for that belief,
and I'm still waiting to hear what the good points of the bucket (SCCA) system
are, or conversely why the point system isn't as good as I think it is.

Tom Gentry
Life is too short to drive boring cars!
'96 Ford SVT Cobra, Mystic #1345/2000 (mostly stock)
'72 Triumph TR-6 OD (mostly modified)
'59 Triumph Model 10 Sedan (mostly in boxes)