Re: New car classifications

Subject: Re: New car classifications
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:49:18 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, Justin Hughes wrote:
> You're fairly lucky - you have a Neon, which just happens to be one
> of the best cars for DS.  Granted, most of the equation is the driver, but
> like they say, the right tool for the right job.  You got it right the first
> time. :)

Yeah, I kinda lucked out a bit.

Btw, totally different topic, the folks at Chrysler oughta look at why I
bought the car I did.

First, rented a couple neons and they didn't suck too bad even though they
were base models and autos.

Second, had seen some neon challenge stuff on tv and heard the blurb about
how it was an ACR and you can do this to!

Third, test drove the ACR to see if I liked it.  It was a ton better
handling/braking/feel wise than the base model, but otherwise looked the
same.  I could get it with the comfort options I wanted but without dorky
(sorry eric) stripes or electronic things or whatever.

Bought the ACR.

If the ACR wasn't there, I woulda been stuck with the dorky looking (sorry
Eric) R/T only, or bought a different small car (cavalier, escort, etc.)
in that price range.  Wouldn't have bought a japanese import 'cause I'm an
american car bigot somewhat and they all cost $4k more 'cause they're made
in a different country.  Might have bought a different import if I
couldn't get something the same for the same price that was american made.

Mark