what's in a name and the "guy code"

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: what's in a name and the "guy code"
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:58:34 -0500
To all,

Sometimes, my 3 names causes quite a bit of confusion. I haven't ever
introduced myself in the last 20 years as anything but 'William" or
"Severin" or "William Severin". If I do introduce myself as "William"
people insist on calling me "Bill"...which I've never understood. I
guess I just don't care for "Bill".

I using  "Wm. Severin" 26 years ago when I worked as a musician, and for
business, have used "Severin" for almost 20 years. There are a lot of
'Bill Thompson's" out there... I've received their Fed Ex packages at
trade shows, had hotel reservations screwed up with other "Bill
Thompsons" and even an intersting 20 minutes with Canadian Customs
regarding a "William S. Thompson" with my EXACT birthdate wanted on
felony charges up there... only my middle name was different.

So...not that this is gonna matter, and... until I get Redrum over to
the body shop and get "Barb" sanded off the door (the car's last
owner...some of you dickheads will call be Barb until I club you up the
side of the head with 4 lbs of frozen London Broil,) William works for
me... Severin works for me...hell... Flounder works for me.

Now, onto the "guy code" issure here. As I mentioned earlier,
Joe"formerly known as My Hero, now known as Flat Dick) Alexander has
pointed out, public discussion of my love life is not in my best
interests, and ultimately (since I never hold a grudge after I get even)
not in yours either.

Take Mosport for instance.  All you one handed typing wankers that have
made mention of "Shannon", my Mosport date, have never considered it's
possible that another woman I may also be dating could be reading this
list (hey, I single, free, white, and WAY over 21...). Or, picture the
next Mr. Flat Dick coming up to my date at the BRIC and saying "You must
be Shannon" and it's not.

Be warned my Thicko brethren, you can live vicariously through the
Flounder's search for the next "Ex Mrs. Thompson"... just don't post
your comments to the public list.

WST
Flounder

///