Re: coolants

To: spook01@comcast.net, grunau.garage@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: coolants
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:22:02 EDT
Cc: DB35PA@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 6/2/04 07:31:19 Pacific Daylight Time, spook01@comcast.net
writes:

<< Water wetter is less effective when used with anti-freeze.  And
anti-freeze is less conductive to heat than is straight water.   Water wetter
when used
with water alone works well in thermo-siphon or pumped systems; the only
caution I would add is that all of these coolants allow electrolysis to build
and
corrode the inside.  A cheap sacrificial anode takes care of this problem. >>

My test with Water Wetter included NO anti-freeze component.   NapaKool and
NoRosion both contain all the anti-corrosives and water pump lube needed to
keep you cooling system clean.  The only place I've ever seen sacrifical anodes
on sale is at JCWhitless but then the shipping cost was more than the anode.
Will boat anodes work?
Terry