RE: coolants

To: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: coolants
From: spook01@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:31:03 +0000
Cc: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Remember what    water wetter does:  It breaks the surface tension to allow the
water to more fully contact the core, and adds a slight amount of heat
transferance ability.  Water wetter is less effective when used with
anti-freeze.  And anti-freeze is less conductive to heat than is straight
water.   Water wetter when used with water alone works well in thermo-siphon or
pumped systems; the only caution I would add is that all of these coolants
allow electrolysis to build and corrode the inside.  A cheap sacrificial anode
takes care of this problem.
I have some engines that have run for over 10 years with no internal corrosion
by using the above guidelines.

--
Best,
Ray