Re: coolants

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <pthelander@earthlink.net>, <spook01@comcast.net>, <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: coolants
From: "Chris Bucknell" <c.bucknell@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:32:47 +0930
Cc: <DB35PA@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi All,

One last word on coolants.  My father and I have a Supercharged P here in
Australia.  It has an electric fan and we even have a half bonnet (no sides)
to allow heat to escape during summer.  We are currently using a 50/50 mix
of water (demineralised) and Ethylene Glycol. The coolant results are not
perfect (we have to stop due to over-heating on some long climbs) and hence
we are looking for ways to improve things.  The following option I have been
looking at has not been discussed so far so I present it to the group.

Evans Coolant (www.evanscooling.com) - this is a USA coolant that by all
accounts is brilliant, although I have not tested it myself.  It is my
intention to try it once I can work out how to get enough of it to Australia
without breaking the bank.  The best part about it is that there is no water
and they claim no corrosion. May be worth considering.

In addition I would be interested in anyone who can give me a brand name for
the water wetter that I can get in Australia

Chris Bucknell
Profession: Marketing Consultant - helping you establish where your next
customer is coming from.
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Cars: P Supercharged and R Type