Re: MG PA pistons

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG PA pistons
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:06:34 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Dave, Dennis and Listers,

Presumably Dave you have an early single breather PA block.

The fact that PBs and later PA blocks were bored out to 60mm doesn't, as I
see it, give credibility to the earlier PA blocks lending themselves to run
safely on a 60mm bore. The later blocks I'm told were cast with thicker walls
or, was this a factory ploy?

I would imagine one of the governing factors of over sizing, even within the
limits, is the condition of the water jacket deterioration. I'm sure there
are many of us who have taken that chance.

The site you referred to for pistons, Dave, would be,

       http://www.jp.com.au/

Brian Kelly.