Re: MG PA pistons

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG PA pistons
From: Kellmg@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:53:47 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/14/2002 12:37:28 PM Central Standard Time,
mmmbob@adelphia.net writes:

> Dennis,
>
> The earliest PB's had PA engines bored to 60 mm. Later PB's had a double
> breather block and a little more metal in the 'body'. I don't know at which
> engine number they switched but I bet somebody does.
>
> You can get pistons for any size bore you want, but your question is not
> clear. Which block are you going to bore 20 thou' over? If its an original
> PA that's already 60 over, I'd be very careful, its probably at its limit
> now. If its a later PB then that would be OK.
>
> Cheers, "Bob".

Hi Peter, All,

The PA changed to double breather at engine number 2123AP. That makes it
about chassis number  PA 1859. These double breather  engine blocks have been
oversized to 60 mm by others successfully. I'm not sure if anyone has opened
up an earlier single breather  block as your PA 1518 would have had
originally. Each model of P-Type block, 57 mm and the 60 mm, are designed for
oversize of "plus 0.060". Pistons, and liners if required, are available, I
believe.

Brian Kelly.
PA 0512