Re: Lighten Flywheel - was Clutch

To: Lawrie Alexander <britcars@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Lighten Flywheel - was Clutch
From: C Sherriff <Clives_page@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:34:17 -0400
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Lawrie,

As this is the MMM list not the T list - I could also point out that
when I raced the 1929 M type I retained the original Flywheel and
clutch - lightened quite a lot, and this did increase the flexibility a lot
-
The whole rotating mass was also meticulously balanced  - not together
as one lump, but correctly - crank first then C+Flywheel then + cover
then plus fingers etc etc, pistons then rods - not just overall  weight but

end too end weights on each rod.  Also balanced the vertical dynamo
which cut out a certain odd harmonic too at high revs!.   There were a
lot of other things done but always using original spec components as
the starting point.

 I would pull over 95 down the back straight at Silverstone!  And
would rev to over 7000.

Clive

Message text written by Lawrie Alexander

British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol