Re: [Healeys] Glycol in oil

To: "'Bob Spidell'" <bspidell@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Glycol in oil
From: "m.g.sharp--- via Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:59:27 -0400
References: <CAKjtSfjp45=MK_b=-qm4mXQx5LmUCPV2wRo2X5XK4JgTPx_gRA@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiPMx9s6Xedh1yasAsWs7BViv6m_2eAFmPrmqhQe9KBf0Q@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiNUOUmadKhEVbu-W_nWx687Qt+XGkSML+WueoujYp0a8Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAKjtSfgJmiy5B+zQJQYdjzUpcRPatniUQ2E9vqv7WXmDNyV8sQ@mail.gmail.com> <1555225143.3803960.1710515131345@mail.yahoo.com> <4dfe4830-e588-40fd-a526-34a705283484@comcast.net> <CAB3i7LKF4yahCRx55wi7-FDP8jwfo_s_8qnTT8Ytf++UTy-QTw@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiO4EuPQ+_6Dry_YWYjPBmy0uStYGBFom94ocC1+j_Jxfw@mail.gmail.com> <e6005dad-ee28-45a8-95aa-5a0ae0c22e0a@comcast.net>
Bob, When I was having head gasket issues a few years back we (Mike Salter
and I) considered using Bar-Leak or similar.  I decided to have another go
with an up-market gasket, which did solve my problem, but in talking to Mike
and doing a little research I would have tried Bar-leak with little
hesitation as my next solution.  I think the opinions on it blocking water
galleries and rad cores is not based on anything and if it blocked a rad
core I'd day the rad core was almost completely blocked to begin with and
was in need of re-coring.  The stuff is not a back-yard solution and I
believe it is a good product.

Just my two cents (based on some research and discussion with people I
trust, not personal experience).

Cheers, Mirek