[Healeys] Glycol in oil

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Glycol in oil
From: Wayne Schultz <waschu2@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 22:23:35 -0400

--00000000000030285e0613593bf6

Hi Roger,
My friend who had a  Healey 3000 had  a similar issue. We would
find coolant in the oil on the dipstick and filler cap. I found when we
pressurized the cooling system with the engine warm, no leak noted, with
the engine cold a slight coolant leak in pressure. I decided to drop the
oil pan to look for leaks and found a very slight leak internally dripping
into the oil pan area. We found that the leak was from the boss in between
the 6 and 7 tappets.  With that  tappet cover off we could see coolant
drips forming in that boss running down into the pan area. It would only
leak when cold. Porosity? I think so. I decided to Peen  the boss with a
punch and seal with JB Weld. It has been good ever since. I suggest
dropping your oil pan to look for leaks might be the least invasive first
step in locating your problem.    Good luck.

               Wayne

--00000000000030285e0613593bf6

ad=C2=A0 a similar issue. We would find=C2=A0coolant=C2=A0in the oil on the=
 dipstick and filler cap. I found when we pressurized the cooling system wi=
th the engine warm, no leak noted, with the engine cold a slight coolant le=
ak in pressure. I decided to drop the oil pan to look for leaks and found a=
 very slight leak internally dripping into the oil pan area. We found that =
the leak was from the boss in between the 6 and 7 tappets.=C2=A0 With that=
=C2=A0 tappet cover off we could see coolant drips forming in that boss run=
ning down into the pan area. It would only leak when cold. Porosity? I thin=
k so. I decided to Peen=C2=A0 the boss with a punch and seal with JB Weld. =
It has been good ever since. I suggest dropping=C2=A0your oil pan to look f=
or leaks might be the least invasive first step in locating your problem.=
=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Wayne</div></div>

--00000000000030285e0613593bf6--

--===============2281362543246626758==