Re: [Healeys] Glycol in oil

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Glycol in oil
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> GB/J1Kt03QZO2HIAOmtNOTztEmv/R/ZwW18k+t/9+VOzX88WpL0GGjnY3lvDNGuQyEcwHzn4mqlzV81jj3DyEun5361n/klMkR0=
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 07:45:17 -0700
References: <CAKjtSfjp45=MK_b=-qm4mXQx5LmUCPV2wRo2X5XK4JgTPx_gRA@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiPMx9s6Xedh1yasAsWs7BViv6m_2eAFmPrmqhQe9KBf0Q@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiNUOUmadKhEVbu-W_nWx687Qt+XGkSML+WueoujYp0a8Q@mail.gmail.com> <CAKjtSfgJmiy5B+zQJQYdjzUpcRPatniUQ2E9vqv7WXmDNyV8sQ@mail.gmail.com> <1555225143.3803960.1710515131345@mail.yahoo.com> <4dfe4830-e588-40fd-a526-34a705283484@comcast.net> <CAB3i7LKF4yahCRx55wi7-FDP8jwfo_s_8qnTT8Ytf++UTy-QTw@mail.gmail.com> <CALPtYiO4EuPQ+_6Dry_YWYjPBmy0uStYGBFom94ocC1+j_Jxfw@mail.gmail.com>
This may be heresy, but you might want to try one of various 'stop
leak/head gasket sealers' for at least a short term solution. These are
usually a silicate solution that solidifies in cracks; they generally
don't work as well as claimed, but they sometimes work at least a little
bit. I've not known them to block any coolant passages because they
don't work THAT well, and there may not be enough flow in this situation
for them to work at all.

My dad worked from the Ford assembly plant that built Mustangs back in
the '60s; he said they threw a bottle of Bars Leaks in every car's
radiator. My engine builder, who worked at Jaguar said they did the same.

This guy at least tries to do 'scientific' comparisons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqD4Ha766w8