Re: Re[9]: Performance Questions

To: Greg_Williams@cayennesoft.com (Greg Williams),
Subject: Re: Re[9]: Performance Questions
From: Charles.K.Scott@Dartmouth.EDU (Charles K. Scott)
Date: 03 Sep 98 11:17:56 EDT
--- Greg Williams wrote:
     So... Corky,
        If you had to do it all over again, would you just bend =
your=20
     fingers and write a check for a new 4.6 short block?  :-)  =
Me... I'm a=20
     hot rodder.  Like Dan says... "Roll ya own!".  I see Shirl =
Dickey is=20
     selling rebuilt and stroked Buick's (266cid or 4.3L) for =
$3995,=20
     complete. =20
    =20
     Greg
--- end of quote ---
I like building things and especially engines.  Call me crazy but I =
get quite a thrill every time I crank up an engine that had been =
completely disassembled and then carefully put back together with =
all the valves lapped in and the cylinders honed and everything =
just right.  I get a kick out of seeing how smooth the engine runs.

Also money is a factor.  I prefer to scrounge around for the best =
buys possible for parts and know that the engine is the least =
expensive it could be.  Or barring that, has the best parts I could =
find.

I doubt that I could afford a 4.6L short block, but even if I =
could, I don't need that much power for the airframe.

Corky