Re: Performance Questions

To: <buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, "OP" <oliverp@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Performance Questions
From: "James Miller" <dieshop@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:05:58 -0700
At work I just recived this months copy of AI mag. (Automotive
Indiustrys??) and there was a small artical about MGB (I belive) is going
to attempt to break the 255mph land speed record at the salt flat's. I have
been planning on bringing the artical home and retyping it to get the
fact's strait and will try to remember to do this tommarow but in the mean
time what I can recall is they mention Triumph, Buick, Twin Turbos and 900
HP!  Yes there using an (obivously modifyed version of) the die hard 215
aluminum V8! This leads me to belive it is anything but dead and gave me
something to boast about As I have one in the shop with about 2k invested
waiting on the head mod's to get done! For parts avalability To the best of
my knowladge anything you want is avalable. You just need to find your
sources and the local parts store probably wont be it. Mostly the
"youngsters" at the parts stores arround here tell me triumph never offerd
a V8, Buick never made an aluminum V8, and the Rover uses a 3.5 liter not a
215cu. I grew tired of arguing/explaining and found a source that was older
than 18!

Find Woody!